While anti-wrinkle injections are best known for their ability to reduce and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles, they can also be used to give your lower face a fresh new look.
Why the lower face ages
As we age, your skin produces less collagen and becomes less elastic, which is what leads to most lines and wrinkles.
There are a few other factors that also play a role in making us look older.
- Sun damage. Exposing your skin to UVA and UVB radiation thins the epidermis and breaks down collagen in the skin. Along with causing wrinkles, excess exposure to the sun can also lead to skin pigmentation and cancer. Prevent premature ageing by using a high SPF sunscreen and a hat.
- Daily expressions. We contract the muscles in our face every single day whenever we have an emotion or need to squint. This continuous contracting is another factor that eventually leads to permanent lines and wrinkles.
- Gravity. Gravity pulls your skin downwards on a daily basis, causing your cheeks and jowls to droop and sag. Unfortunately, there isn’t much that you can do about gravity.
- Sleep lines. When your skin gets compressed against a pillow every night, it can start to form permanent lines and wrinkles, particularly when your skin isn’t as elastic as it used to be.
- Loss of facial volume. When you’re younger, your skin is naturally more elastic and plump. Once you start losing the fat in your face that gives you this fuller appearance, lines, wrinkles and under-eye bags become more prominent.
How anti-wrinkle injections can rejuvenate your lower face
epiclinic® is the best clinic for anti wrinkle injections in Adelaide and can help you achieve a more youthful appearance in the following ways:
- Reduce a gummy smile. If you happen to have a high lip, you generally end up showing a lot more gum when you smile but anti-wrinkle injections can change all that. By softening your upper lip, it won’t pull up as much when you smile.
- Remove wrinkles on the upper lip. Often referred to as “smoker lines”, anti-wrinkle injections can be used to soften the way the lips pucker, giving you a more youthful looking mouth.
- Reduce chin dimples. If you have a chin dimple that you’re unhappy with, anti-wrinkle injections can reduce it. Chin dimples become more common as we age but anti-wrinkle injections can be used to soften the chin and open up the lower half of the face.
- Slim the jawline. Women don’t generally want to have a square jaw but grinding or clenching your jaw and teeth can give the jaw a square appearance over time. Anti-wrinkle injections can be used to treat the masseter muscles that will help give the jaw a softer, slimmer appearance.
While you won’t always need to treat all these areas of your lower face, it’s nice to know how useful anti-wrinkle injections really are.